26.1.16

Favourite Films



Theme: Favourite Films
Objectives: - to practice using like/don’t like + noun and like/don’t  
                        like + ing;
-         to practice using the vocabulary of films;
-         to ask and answer the questions about films;
-         to act out the dialogue;
-         to read the text for general and specific information.

Procedure
I. Beginning.
- Good morning, boys and girls! Nice to meet you in our English lesson.
II. Warming up.
- I don’t know what do you like to do in your free time. For example, I like to watch TV.
-         Who reads books in your free time?
-         Who rides bikes in your free time?
-         Who goes swimming in your free time?
-         Who watches TV in your free time?
-         Who plays the piano in your free time?

- Look at worksheets on your desks and do task 1. Make sentences using the model.
My teacher
go to the cinema
every day
I
go  swimming
three times a year
My grandfather
play the guitar
twice a week
My parents
take photos
once a month
My friend
go fishing
every week
- Write 3 sentences into your exercise-books. You have 4 minutes. Then read them.

 - Well, we read books, listen to music, play computer games, watch TV and go to the cinema. So, our lesson is connected with cinema and films. We are going to speak about types of films, listen to and practise the dialogue, do different tasks.

III. Vocabulary Presentation.
Action film  [‘ækŚən]
Comedy film [ ‘komədi]
Science fiction film [‘saiəns fikŚn]
Western [‘westən]
Cartoon [ka:’tu:n]
Write them down into your vocabularies. 3 minutes

- Complete the sentences. 2 minutes
A film about soldiers is an ___.
A funny film is a _____.
A film about unreal facts is a ______.
A film about cowboys is a _____.
A film for children is a______.

How often do you watch comedy films?
How often do you watch cartoons?

IV. Listening.
-         Open your student’s books on page 60, exercise 2. Read the instruction.
-         Work in pairs. Act out the dialogue.

V. Reading.
Pre-reading activity.
-         What films do you like?
-         I’m sure everyone has got a favourite film. I propose you to read Linda’s composition about her favourite film. 3 minutes

                                   My Favourite Film
         My favourite film is “Dinosaur”. It’s a fantastic cartoon and the main character is a cute little dinosaur called Aladar. I like watching it with my parents and my big brother.
       In the film Aladar is a baby dinosaur and he comes out of a very big egg. Some kind animals look after him because he hasn’t got any parents.
      They go to a new country where Aladar tries to help his family find a good place to live.
      It’s my favourite film because the cartoons are beautiful, Aladar is kind, the music is good and the story is great.

After-reading activity
Are the sentences true or false? (+/-)
1.     “Dinosaur” is a cartoon.
2.     The main character is a cute little hamster.
3.     Linda likes to watch this cartoon with her parents and her little brother.
4.     Aladar is a baby dinosaur.
5.     Some kind animals look after him because he hasn’t got any parents.
6.     They swim to a new continent.
7.     Aladar tries to find a good job for his friend.
8.     Linda likes “Dinosaur” because the cartoons are beautiful, Aladar is kind, the music is good.

Exchange your worksheets and check up your answers. You can see the keys on the slide.
1. +  2. -  3. -   4. +  5. +  6. -  7. -   8. +
Give English equivalents.
Ø     Мій улюблений фільм
Ø     Аладар –маленький динозавр
Ø     кілька добрих тварин доглядали за ним
Ø     він з’явився з великого яйця
Ø     у нього не було батьків
Ø     знайти хороше місце для життя

VI. Grammar.
-         Do you like reading this text? Pay attention I’ve used an interesting phrase. So at our lesson we are learning to use it.
-         Open your SB on page 61, exercise 3. Read it.
-         Ex. 4, page 61.



        I love
        I like
        I don’t like
        I hate

- Look at your worksheets and do task 7. Make sentences.
I   ____   taking photos.

I _____westerns.

I _____watching comedy films.

_____ice-cream.

V. Group work.
I want you to unite in groups of 3. Your task is to do a survey in your group and present the results. What do you like doing? What don’t you like doing?


ice-cream
watching comedy films
tennis
westerns
Example
Your teacher
likes
loves
doesn’t like
hates

Student 1 (name)





Student 2 (name)





Student 3 (name)






Example: My teacher likes ice-cream.

VII. Summarizing.
-  Our Lesson is going to the end.
- What words do you learn?
- Can you use them now? Let’s say them.
- What type of films do you like or don’t like?
         -Write you homework for the next lesson. Exercise 4, p. 48 (to complete the text)
         Exercise 5, p. 48  (to write)

-I want to thank everybody. You were active and hard-working.

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар